Friday, June 09, 2023

FaceOff June 9, 2023

In the last couple of weeks, I finally figured out what was wrong with my embroidery machine. (It died just before the pandemic.) I haven't ventured far enough afield to have it repaired.  I was trying to get an estimated cost (none of the shops I called would venture a guess.)  But I was hoping some user had perhaps posted about the same problem.  

I was amazed to find a video on youtube about it - but it was in Russian. Yikes!  I decided to watch it anyway and see what I could figure out.  His screen showed the exact error message I was seeing, even though it was  a different model machine in the same brand.  He had removed part of the casing at the top of the machine. I could see three phillips head screws holding those parts on my machine.  So, I bravely (recklessly???) took off that part of the casing.  The inside looked very similar to what I had seen.  I ran back to the computer and watched again - VERY carefully.  I used my fingers and moved the part that I had seen him move.  Taking a deeeeep breath, I turned on the machine.  WOW, it went into sewing mode, not the error screen.  Now, to put on the embroidery unit and see what happens. 
Whew!  Once it was installed, I turned on the machine again.  HOORAY!  It started normally.  I did a quick test sew and it was embroidering correctly.  

Fast forward to Wednesday.  I sat down at my computer and opened Embrilliance, my embroidery digitization software and played.  I created a basic little face, saved the file and took it to the machine. 
I realized that I didn't reorder the sewing sequence correctly, but with some finagling I got it to sew out correctly.  (errr...more or less) 

My biggest error was that I only saved the sewing file, not the working file.
If I wanted to use this again (and correct it) I would have to recreate it. 
Lesson learned. Ha ha. 




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Gene, this is fabulous. How good that you managed to follow the video even in Russian, and main thing, it's working again! Have fun 'playing' with your repaired toy! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...Gene, life is a learning process. Enjoy your weekend.

DVArtist said...

Hurray for Youtube. I really couldn't be without it now. LOL You probably saved yourself hundreds of dollars. I love this little guy with the simple but expressive face. You are so brilliant. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a great weekend.

Christine said...

Good job! And youtube is amazing.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's nice that you were able to find a video - even if it was in Russian - and could watch him do the repair. Your face is another of your "something recognizable with so few lines" - too bad you didn't save the file - ;))

Iris Flavia said...

Chapeau, I´m impressed! I wouldn´t be that brave!
What would be do without YouTube.
Great face, too.

Kathleen said...

So impressed that you fixed your machine and then digitized and sewed the face. Great job on both counts. I have yet to get into digitizing....maybe later this year!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Three cheers for YouTube. It is always worth a try and a pat on your back for stumbling through the Russian version and getting it right! Now, this is exciting. I suspect we will start seeing some wonderful embroidery coming from you and your precious machine. I am looking forward to each and every piece :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Vicki W said...

Kudos to you for fixing your machine!