Monday, November 20, 2023

Rising Glory - Second in a series

Back in 2013,  I made a piece that eventually got the name "Rising Glory."  That piece was sold during the Library Quilt Exhibit in Spring 2023.  I wanted to do something similar, but different, as an homage to that piece.  The original piece was not planned for size.  However this time I planned a size to fit a canvas so that I can mount this eventually.   

I used part of a hand dyed gradient from ColorwaysbyVicki as the background. Then I chose some other hand dyed fabric for the elements on this one.  At this point, I don't like it as much as the original, but I have much more work to do on it. 
For now, the elements are layered on the background with fusible web (MistyFuse.) 
I will need to layer a backing piece and some batting so that I can begin quilting, and
perhaps some thread painting.  I could possibly add other element as I go. 
At this point, it is "all a grand experiment" and just for fun. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

roentare said...

This is like 3 planets on top of hell fire

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks great, have fun! Have a great week, hugs!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Reminds me of a floating balls.

Coffee is on.

DVArtist said...

Ohhhhh. Other than your skull work I do believe this is my favorite piece from you. The color and design just make me happy. Have a great day today.

Jeanie said...

Hi Gene -- I wanted to thank you for popping by my blog last week and also to say what a beautiful piece this is. I love the fuschsia (never can spell that!) and purple-blues. Also loved the hummingbird piece in the previous post. Happy Thanksgiving, if you are here in the states!