Friday, November 17, 2023

Hummingbird Redux

One of the favorite quilts I have made is the Hummingbird wallhanging quilt.  It is not "squared up" so it would never win an award for quilt-making.  And yes, I am fine with that.  I LOVE this quilt.  It hangs on my bedroom wall and makes me smile every day.  
First let me show you a closeup of the center. 
I think he has a lovely face. The white highlight in the eye as added with paint. Every other part of the center is hand-dyed fabric or thread. 

 

The outer circle is a batik bias tape.  And the four corners are purchased solid fabrics. 
This photo does NOT do this quilt justice. 
Here is a closeup of some of the quilting.

As the hummingbird has a face I am linking up with Nicole at DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff. 
I am hoping that she will be well enough to post the Face Off this week. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

12 comments:

sirkkis said...

I love this,too ๐Ÿ˜
A very beautiful, gorgeous quilt ๐Ÿฅ‡
Happy FFO ๐Ÿงก

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Gene, this is totally fabulous, love it. What a beauty! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I'm not sure what squaring up for quilts is all about (but I can guess based on the name), but this is gorgeous quilt Gene. Have a great Thanksgiving. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...hummingbird are always a treat for me and yours is no exception. Take care Gene and have a fabulous Thanksgiving.

Iris Flavia said...

Was, this is a very, very beautiful masterpiece!
Never thought rebels do such nice things ;-)

Christine said...

Beautiful work Gene!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Absolutely gorgeous! and full of joy!

DVArtist said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It is a lovely hummingbird.

roentare said...

That quilt looks magnificent and exquisite!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Well done.
Coffee is on

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely hummingbird quilt!