Friday, October 27, 2023

Happy Halloween

I know that it isn't quite Halloween yet,  but I have been working on a couple of masks for my costume. I bought these masks at a discount store for $1 each.   Then I decided to use Nicole's corpsing method (or my version of it anyway) to make them better.  I still haven't decided which of them I will wear. I may take both and swap between them.  

Here is one of the masks prior to anything being done to it. 
Yes it looks like a cheap plastic mask. 

Then I added a base layer of white glue
I am guessing that this layer helps it to "grab" when you start adding the other pieces.

Then I added toilet paper and glue according to Nicole's directions. (Although, I probably did the "Gene version" of those directions.) 
Sorry I don't have a progress photo for that.  And finally after several layers and colors of paint: 

 There are is only one "progress photo" of the skull. To be honest, it was the first one and I was too excited to remember to take photos. 
Yes, it would have worked like this but I thought it needed a little "something, something." 
Those teeth still look too "plastic" and white. 

Ah!!!! This is better, don't you think?
Now it looks like I clawed and chewed my way out of the crypt! 


I am linking with Nicole for the Friday Face Off. 

Happy Halloween!












Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

roentare said...

They are kind of cute facemask not horror. Creative festively.

Tom said...

...I often joke that for Halloween, I'll take my mask off and really scare folks. Have a spooktacular Halloween.

Iris Flavia said...

Both came out great!!!! Have fun partying!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gene, you make a wonderful Halloween corpse, well done! Looks like you had BIG fun! Thanks for your nice comment on my lino-cuts! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

These are just amazing Gene. Happy Halloween!

Lyndsey said...

Great work Gene, the masks look amazing especially the skull.

Christine said...

Good work!

Vicki W said...

WOW! Great job on both!

peppylady (Dora) said...

In first grade we made mask.
Coffee is on.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love what you did with these two masks. The first one is a bit spooky, but the second one is truly awesome. Love those teeth. You definitely made these two masks your own.

Carola Bartz said...

Wow! It's amazing what you made our of those masks. They look fabulous now. Happy Halloween!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Happy Halloween! Fun masks!

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh you have put the biggest smile on my face. I absolutely love these! You did a fabulous job at corpsing. There is no right or wrong way to accomplish this. As long as you like the outcome, and of course I love the outcome. Thank you for joining FFO and have a great evening.