Friday, October 20, 2023

Family Photos

Family has always been important to me. I have quite the collection of family faces in my digital archives.
Today I would like to share a couple of those. Each of these have my parents in them.   One has maternal grandparents while the other has paternal grandparents.  

This first photo shows my parents with my Mom's parents. My mom almost always closed her eyes in candid photos and sure enough they are closed in this one.  You may notice that she is wearing a maternity top.  I think that I was the "bun in the oven" in this photo.  Dad had a beard which helps us place the time period of the photo. This grandmother made quilts all her life. 

I am not sure of the occasion for this photo but as they were all dressed up, I am sure there was an occasion.  Grandparents are back left, great grandparents are back right. Dad's youngest sisters are front left. And of course Mom and Dad front right. 

I love to look at the faces and see the similarities and the differences. 

I am linking with Nicole for the Friday Face Off. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...a couple of smiles in the second one, keep smiling.

My name is Erika. said...

Old photos are always so fun to see, and having family ones are special. I always notice the style of clothes, and how much they have changed, or haven't in some cases. Have a great weekend Gene.

Valerie-Jael said...

Old family photos are so precious. They are a visible link to our past. Hugs, Valerie

Violetta said...

I love photos from long time ago. And especially when they are black and white.
All the best
Violetta

Christine said...

Lovely memories

Jeanna said...

I cherish my old family photos. I do believe your favor your mom.

DVArtist said...

I absolutely love these photos, Gene. Last photo, mom doesn't look too happy. A beautiful family for sure. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a great weekend.

roentare said...

Family photos are the best

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What wonderful photos! I'm so glad you have good records of all your family. And you are right - family IS precious!

Iris Flavia said...

Lucky you, Gene.
I have but one small pic of my Dad´s Father who died when my Dad was only 14. One of Dad and his Sister, one of my Dad as baby.
Maternal side flew from Königsberg, now Kaliningrad, nothing left.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So sorry I didn't get here sooner. What fabulous photos. Really great that you have those old ones and you chose to share them with us at FFO. Amazing you were the bun in the oven, Your mother was/is beautiful, even with her eyes closed.






sirkkis said...

Interesting old family photos. Thanks for sharing, Gene.
Your Halloween skull is great, and it matches you very well 😂
Enjoy Halloween 🏴‍☠️🎃