Friday, November 24, 2023

Quilting Update

I have been busy with a lot of things and haven't had much time for art or quilting. However, I did manage to get  Rising Glory 2 quilted. I was very happy that the machine worked flawlessly AND that my muscle memory for quilting is still strong.  Here is the result. 
I decided to mimic the shapes in the bottom with the stitching to add more motion to that area. 
Then I did pebbles (circles) in the top area to mimic the globes. 
I believe in the original piece, that I quilted all of the background with pebbles.

One of my "throwback" memories today was this young man in Mexico who dresses as an angel.  He shows up in the town square for "Sunday in the Plaza" (the town square.) 

Since I have added his face I will link to the 

I hope those of you in the US who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful day. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your quilt is fabulous, a real work of art, love it. And the Angel from Mexico is great. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Your quilt is fabulous, a real work of art, love it. And the Angel from Mexico is great. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...Rising Glory 2 look great quilted! How does someone hold a pose like this? Gene, have a great weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your creative stitching really enhances the finished piece!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your quilting is marvelous, Gene. You are a magician when it comes to quilting. Great face, too. Stunning.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention, I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Christine said...

Beautiful quilt and good face today Gene.

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh I just love this. You have such a way with color. No other background would have worked as well. It's brilliant. Nice face memory too. Thank you for joining FFO and have the best weekend.

roentare said...

That young man looks so cool and funky

Carola Bartz said...

Gosh, your quilt is fantastic, Gene! I'm always in awe of people who actually know how to sew! The angel is wonderful, too. Have a lovely weekend!

Iris Flavia said...

This is a very wonderful piece of work! Outstanding, congrats and respect, you are so creative!

Oh, was that one angel that stand still? A bit "scary" ;-)
Have a great Saturday.

Kathleen McCormick said...

Love your quilting on this fun whimsical piece. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

My name is Erika. said...

I like the quilt texture Gene. The 2 different styles works well with the colors versus the neutral. And that angel is pretty amazing. I wonder how long he could stand still without moving? I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Face off photo is just plain fun.
Coffee is on.

Vicki W said...

I love how you quilted this! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Frog Quilter said...

Your quilting is fabulous and is exactly what I would have done!