Friday, December 08, 2023

Totally Other

One thing that I have been doing for a few years is a volunteer job with the neighboring city's performing arts center.  Recently,  we had Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits for those of you old enough to remember them.)  The show was wonderful.  It was a Christmas show, but he also sang some songs that were hits for him and his band.  We were told there would be a meet and greet after the show - and it was pretty much sold out.  As an usher, when the show is over I am off duty.  So, I got in that line. As were were waiting, a man said "Excuse me" as he brushed past - It was Peter Noone coming through to get to the signing table. 
I didn't get a selfie with him but we did get to speak and shake hands when I got to the table.  I snapped a photo - granted it isn't great because he was moving and talking. 
So I "borrowed" some photos from the staff photographer also. 



All in all it was a lovely evening. 

As there is a face  I will link to the Friday Face Off 




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...Gene, I remember Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits well. I'm OLD!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like it was a fun event! I was a HUGE Herman's Hermits fan in the 60s -- and I still love their hits from that era -- so upbeat and bouncy.

sirkkis said...

I'm sorry, I don't know him, but enjoy to read about him. Thank you for sharing, Gene!
Happy Christmas time to you xx

Iris Flavia said...

I don´t know him but it sounds like great fun!+
Great job in volunteering, too!
To fun times!

DVArtist said...

OMGosh how cool is that? I was so in love with The Herman's Hermits. I saw them in concert way back when. Great photos. Thank you for sharing with FFO and bringing some nice memories to me. Have a great weekend.

Christine said...

I remember Peter Noone

roentare said...

Looks like a great entertainer

Unknown said...

My first crush!! 🤩 lol. Sounds like a great evening!!

My name is Erika. said...

That looks like a fun night out. And a fun way to celebrate the holiday. Have a great weekend Gene.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never heard of him. But there a lot of things I have never heard of.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am sure if people heard the songs, they would know who he is. His music was always happy music. Glad you got to hear him.