Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Starry Rainbow

Back in September, I made a wall art quilt as a commission. I was given some guidelines that I used to decide on a plan.  The purchase also included a quilt that was already made. Of course, I can't find a photo of the quilt, so I screenshot part of the photo she sent me. 
I cropped out the recipient's face.
I did find this "finish photo" showing the binding.

The binding is  a rainbow mix of colors.  
So the request was "go with but not match the quilt" and "a star." 

Here is what I made. 

She loved them both. 
I was very happy to see these photos on Christmas day. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is just stunning. Your attention to detail is masterful. When I was beading, part of my work was to make sure the finished work was as good as the beading for several major stores. You would be surprised how many artists forget to make the back look as good as the front. Or in your case the perfect details of edgings. I love this. Have a great day today.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous quilt, Gene, you are so talented. LOE it! Hugs, Valerie

roentare said...

The quilts are so delicate and fluffy to touch

Vicki W said...

Oh, I love rainbow stars!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been a while since I used my sewing machine.

Tom said...

...keep looking up at the stars. A friend gave me a sign which reads. "A bed without a quilts is like the sky without stars."