Thursday, June 13, 2024

Playing with Digital Paint

Greetings.  As you may know, I have been spending a lot of time doing care giving for my Mom.  I decided that I needed a very portable art medium that I can carry almost anywhere.  I had heard about the Apple pencil to use on the iPad. Since I have an relatively new iPad that goes with me to Mom's when I am staying there, I decided that could be my answer.  Then I heard someone on a video mention the program Procreate.  It is an app for the iPad that comes with LOTS of tools and features.  I have only scratched the surface of what is possible with it.  
By the way, I didn't buy the expensive Apple pencil, I found an aftermarket brand on Amazon that was on sell for $7.49 at the time.  It seems to work very well for me. The Procreate program was only $12.99 which I think is a great bargain.  

So here is my first creation that I started when I knew almost nothing about the program. 
It isn't a masterpiece, but I do like the effects I was able to get with the program and the pencil. 

Then I decided to try using a photo reference as a starting point for a face. 
(Happy Friday Face Off to you!) 
If she looks familiar,  it is because I based her on one of my quilt faces.
However I did change her hair a bit as you can see from the quilt face shown below:

I am linking up with Nicole for the Friday Face Off. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

12 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Lovely pieces.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, Gene, and I love how you are caring for your Mom! Hugs, Valerie

roentare said...

I am enjoying your digital paint portrait

My name is Erika. said...

These are lovely Gene. Have fun.

Jeanna said...

I'm glad you are able to enjoy creating even when you aren't home.

Tom said...

...have fun making stuff.

Granny Annie said...

You did a great job with the quilt look.

Christine said...

Fantastic Gene!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, I do love playing with a new toy! You have done a great job with your new playthings! Stay creative! And keep telling about it. :)

Kathleen said...

Fun to see your ipad play. Wishing you and your Mom comfort and joy as you spend more time caring for her - it is a noble thing to do and I am sure it means so much to her (and your siblings).

DVArtist said...

Ohhh you made me smile with your new art. I love these faces. Thank you for your support and joining FFO.

Vicki W said...

I think you are going to have a lot of fun with that!