Friday, August 28, 2026

A 36 Year Old Photo

Back in 1990,  when I was a bit younger than I am now,  a dear friend and I went on a trip to Pigeon Forge Tennessee.  The town was packed. This wasn't a surprise to us and we were all there for the Opening of Dollywood's 4th year.  This year they were adding a carousel. In grand fashion, there was a parade through the main street of the town.  The Grand Marshall was riding on a Lion from the carousel. 

I had my camera with a zoom lens and was chasing along taking photos.  Here is a photo that I took that year with my good old Pentax film camera.  
Yes, of course the Grand Marshall for the parade was none other than Dolly Parton. 
As she was going by,  I yelled out "Hey, Dolly!  I never saw a fox riding on a lion before." 
She laughed delightedly and said "I never thought of it that way!"

Rest in Peace, dear lady.


Linking to the Friday Face off.
Friday Face OFF





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

What a fabulous story Tom. And a great memory for you. She was a true leader and the world needs people like Dolly. Have a wonderful Friday.

Maria Medeiros said...

what a beautiful photo! Truly lovely story!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's a moment to celebrate and cherish forever, my friend. Rest in Peace, Dolly.