However, this week I took a little time to create a two page spread in one of my altered books and decided to share these pages with you. The first page was created starting with a "roll-off" sheet. Let me explain.
When you are printing with a gel plate, you use a brayer to roll out the paint. Then to clean off the brayer, you "roll off" the remaining paint on scrap paper. I am actually using an old manual from a leadership class as paper for this process. So here is that page:
To fill in the areas around the roll off, I used some of my painted papers and a couple of brush markers.
For the facing page, I used the above as inspiration and created a similar image using mostly collage and some brush markers. For the collage, I used painted papers and a few pieces from an old magazine page.
They are different yet similar and I like them both.
I am linking to Sunday in the Art Room.
Until Next Time,
Stay Creative
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible.
Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply.
Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.


12 comments:
...Gdene, it's great to see a new post. This must mean that you are are busy, be well.
Gene your roll of pages are amazing. And I never make them when I gelli-print. Thank you for teaching me a new trick. I hope when I make roll off pages they are half as nice as yours are. Happy new week to you.
Oh, dear Gene, I am sorry. Both my Grandma´s had dementia/Alzheimer´s and I sure am afraid it strikes me, too.
Your Mom can be happy to have you.
Very cool art. I wish you power and some fun with your Mom still! Hugs.
J'aime cette technique et surtout ce résultat. l'abstraction nous délivre de l'obsession du sens, dans ce monde qui par ailleurs n'en a plus beaucoup
Lovely art Gene
OMGosh Gene! These are magnificent. I don't know if it is intentional but the first one took me to the mountains with a river where two people are paddling a canoe. The second one even more of a mountainous and river scene. I love these. Thank you for sharing with SITAR.
Thanks for explaining what a roll-off sheet is. Your use of them is inspired!
You are a good and dedicated son. Your mother is so fortunate to be able to rely on you in her time of need.
Oh Gene, these have such wonderful colors and shapes!
What i love about these pages is they are totally unique. You could never recreate them exactly a second time, even if you tried. I love both pages. Just wonderful. Happy SITAR.
I like then both.. Your talent amazes me.
My dear Mom had dementia, it is such a cruel disease.
Sending good wishes as you look after her and navigate your days.
I did enjoy seeing your art.
Take care.
All the best Jan
I am sorry that you don't have much creative time right now but we all do what we must. At the moment, my Mom doesn't need care, but when she does it will be a privilege to provide it.
Post a Comment