Sunday, April 05, 2009

A lovely prize and what I did with it

Several days ago, I got a package in the mail from Jane's Fabrics. This package was a prize that I was fortunate enough to win. The contest was hosted by Terri at Sew-Fantastic. There were a three prizes given and each one entering was asked to pick the one he/she desired. The third one shown immediately called to me. "OH YES!" I said to myself, "I want that one!"

So enter, I did. I was shocked and thrilled a few days later to find that I had won!

Before the fabric arrived, I had gone back and looked at it several times. I realized exactly why it called to me. Several years ago, I painted a painting that hangs in my bedroom. On an abstract background I joyously painted huge tulips. The tulips are yellow and reddish orange. The background is purple, green and blue. There is a red section that runs thru the painting also.

So, this lovely fabric has a blue background and has flowers on it in red, blue and yellow. There are tulips also. The border print has a nice red section also. No wonder I wanted it, it matches my painting. (okay, it sort of matches.)

I made a pair of pillowcases from the bulk of this fabric, but I have some left for piecework. Joy, Happy!
Here is a picture of the painting (named Transcend, by the way) and one pillowcase.



9 comments:

Jennie said...

They are both beautiful- especially the painting! ~ Jennie

Pat said...

How wonderful that the fabric is so perfect to go with your painting (which is lovely, by the way). You have gathered by now that I am rather dense if a painting is "too" abstract, but this one I can see what it is and I like it! :)

Cathi said...

That fabric looks like it was absolutely meant for you -- definitely goes with your fabulous painting.

Miri said...

Oh, I can see why the fabric spoke to you--your painting is wonderful and the pillowcase just goes perfectly.

Love the bright and colorful quilt as you go!

Kate North said...

The fabric is nice, but the painting is wonderful! Wish I won stuff more :)

Barb said...

Gene, that painting is absoutely beautiful...and goes so well with the fabric you won. You really are an amazing artist.

Kaye said...

Great job Gene, they go together nicely. You are one talented person. Happy Easter, Happy Spring!

Anonymous said...

Tulips are just about my favorite flower, and I love your painting! My background is in art, but composition (not color) was my strongest area, so I appreciate your work very much, Gene. You always make good use of cheerful bright colors, something I was never able to grasp well.

Myra said...

What a fun pillowcase! Love it! 8-)