Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Bound and Determined



No April Foolin' No siree!

I was "bound and determined" to get this quilt finished tonite. (yes pun intended!)

So I sat at the sewing machine and sewed the final part of the binding. I have finished my first "Quilt As You Go" quilt. I am so happy!

This bright beauty goes on my bed! The front and the back are both bright loud colors. This is really a fun quilt. Even the binding is "scrappy" I used extra jelly roll strips that I had in my stash. They all have dots on them so there is a bit of a theme to the binding..but more importantly they are all bright and colorful to go with the quilt.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty, I like it.

Lindi said...

It looks fun and very colourful. Great job!

Kaye said...

Good Job Gene,you did it as you wanted to. I like the colors and just think how warm it will keep you.

LynnS said...

I've enjoyed your fast progress with this quilt, Gene. Before I had my longarm, the easiest way to quilt-large was using the block method you did. I think that your thin strips between the quilted squares is especially attractive and it adds an artistic element to the overall patchwork. You might consider writing a tutorial on this concept?

Micki said...

I just found your qult. It is very colorful! Your patchwork is wonderful, and it is going to be glorious on the bed. I love your blog!
Micki
In Ireland

Marguerita McManus said...

Hi Gene, I love your quilt and most of all your artwork!! Thank you for sharing :) I hope you don't mind that I put up a link to you on my blog ... Wishing you the best, Marguerita

amy smart said...

Wow! Love the color! Very impressed. Thanks for sharing!