Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Post 195 -Edging toward a big one

Folks I had a pretty creative night. I don't have any pictures to show right now. So I am just going to tell you what I did. I started out with a new painting. I am ashamed to say that I have gotten so caught up in quilting and sewing that I have neglected my painting.

Tonight I got my groove back, just call me Stella! Ha ha! Yes, I started a full sheet painting. (That means a full sheet of watercolor paper which is 22 by 30 inches.) I am painting in acrylic. I would love to show it to you, but sometimes with non-objective painting we hit an "ugly ducking" stage. I got there tonight. I will confess that I am not sure where the painting will go. I am hoping it talks to me in the next few days and I see a path to follow it down. Now, should I be worried about that? Not in the least. This is a process that is normal for me.

So after the first big layer of paint was down - and needed to dry. I washed up, cause painting like I do is M-E-S-S-Y, oh yes. Besides the first bottle of paint I opened spattered my left hand quite a bit. Anyway. after the wash-up, I pulled out the parts of the quilt that are sewn together.

I took the big pieces and laid them on the bed. WOW. I am getting excitedhappyjoyousthirlled and a few other good emotions. Once it was all laid out, it looked like a quilt! A nice, scrappy, happy, snuggly quilt.

I almost laid down on it to luxuriate. But I didn't. I saw that I have another set of 4 BIG blocks to make. (remember each big block is made of four of the 9.5 blocks)
So I started digging. I found some already made blocks and partial blocks from last weekend. I found some Scrapibilities that I got in the mail yesterday. I started some ironing and sewing. Finally I got a bit tired.

So back to the painting to add just a bit more. Then, wash the brushes. Finally I came here to post this big old rambling post.

I apologize for being all over the place with this one. But at least you get an idea of what is going on with me. (and that when the muse hits me, I jump if I can)

Peace to y'all.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Can;t wait to see your painting, I am sure that inner voice will speak and the hands will just flow all over the page....

Pat said...

You are one incredibly talented artisan...that's for sure!