Monday, June 15, 2009

Scrap-ibilities


Scrap-ibilities
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
I got a lovely package in the mail today from Barb - Bejeweled Quilts by Barb She also has a fabric shop at Artfire

Well in the picture do you see scraps? I confess I don't I see POSSIBILITIES. Now it doesn't look like a lot in that picture, but the size of the board it is laying on is at least 22 by 30 inches. And you can't really tell it in the picture but there are layers of pieces. This came in a priority mail envelope that was stuffed FULL. As a matter of fact, it was so full there wasn't even room for a note inside.

The down side to this joy is this: Since there was so much scrappy goodness stuffed into the envelope, I will be spending s good bit of time ironing it --no not all at once, but as I use it. The truth is, I stuff my scraps into gallon plastic bags and they get wrinkled too.

So the true down side to this -- there isn't one! I am doing a happy dance!

Thanks Barb, look for your scraps in a blog post near you! hehehee

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, so nice of barb to send you her scraps........can't wait to see what you do with it.

Barb said...

I can't wait to see what you do with them either....thanks!!!

Pat said...

I'm sure you will have them whipped up into something in no time at all!

limpingalong said...

Lucky you -- I love scraps!

quiltmom anna said...

Gene,
Like you, I have a big plastic pail and a couple of bags of scraps-I also have some that are organized into strips of certain sizes and then there is yardage--
Oh what fun it is to collect fabric and then to create quilts with it. It is the best art form of expression in the world.
I am sure you are going to have a great time using Barb's bag of scraps. No matter how many scraps you have, someone else's scraps are interesting too. Have a great time making your quilts too. I am sure that you will make something amazing.
Regards,
Anna

www.welovequilting.com said...

you are the luckiest human on the face of the earth.. I would love for someone to send me a zillion pieces of scraps!
Chris