Saturday, June 06, 2009

Quilted Goodness - An update

Quilted Goodness


This bit of quilted goodness shows what I have accomplished thus far on the quilt project.

First a big confession: I was trying to keep this a secret. In doing that I sort of adjusted the truth. This quilt is for my friend, Dave, who at least KNOWS that I blog here. He has on occasion looked at my blog. So when I was posting earlier, I said "she' to throw him off the track. Well, now he KNOWS it is for him so the secret is out.
((lesson for you- I can't keep my own secrets, so maybe you shouldn't tell me yours. ha ha))

The two big sections ARE separate. they will be joined in a quilt as you go manner. It is just easier for me to quilt in sections and then join. I don't have a long arm and the throat on my machine isn't big enough for me to feel comfortable quilting an entire queensize quilt on it.

I am loving this scrappy quilt. However, until I put the string blocks with it, I am not sure how it will work together. This may turn into TWO quilts. Now wouldn't that be a pity?

PS. Click on the picture to see the full view on Flickr. My layout here cuts it off a bit. Fixing that is a project for another day.

6 comments:

Barb said...

It is coming along rather nicely.....

ooglebloops said...

Very vibrant!! I like it!!

Andi said...

Really stunning work.
Andi :-)

Anonymous said...

This quilt is turning into quite a journey -- and I'm liking it more and more as it comes together. Very original!

Pat said...

What I like about this kind of quilt is......it can go in a room that is painted ANY color or has ANY color window treatments! I'm sure Dave will be very pleased with it once it's done and presented to him. (And if he doesn't, I'm sure any number of us would love to give it a home!!!)

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun and what a wonderful gift! He's a lucky man. I adore this quilt. Fantastic!