Sunday, September 20, 2009

D9P Charmed - Quilted, Bound and Finished

I got home this evening and sat at the computer for a while. It is surely easy to get lost in cyberspace sometimes. But I did manage to drag myself away.

There was my little quilt project waiting for me. I had a bit left to quilt and then I needed to make and put on the binding. I really didn't expect to finish it this night, but I just kept plugging away. I got the quilting part done. So I said, "well, at least I can trim it to square it up." Rotary cutter and portable mat, quilt and me, all down in the floor.

"Gee," I thought, "what will I bind it with?" I looked at several options. I wanted something that didn't contrast too much with the black borders. So I put several things up to it to see. They weren't making me happy. Then I saw a black with a small cream pattern. "Hmmm, I wonder!" I did notice that the blacks didn't exactly match...but I liked the fact that the black and cream were similar to the borders that I had quilted with cream thread.

"Okay, I can cut the binding and join it together at least" I did it....not to late yet...... "I can at least sew it to the front of the quilt and finish it tomorrow."

Each step was -just a little bit more right up until- "WOW, I finished it!!!"

If you enlarge the picture (and maybe if you don't) you can see my far from perfect free motion quilting. Last week, I thought it was going to ruin it. Tonight, I am thinking - "Quirky and fun!" I can't wait to wash and dry this baby and see how it comes out.

For now this is how it looks:

8 comments:

Greg said...

I love this D9P!!! The free motion work on it is, in my opinion, GREAT!

Cora said...

Nice! I like your binding choice. Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway. Good Luck!

Oh and Happy September B-Day
too!!

www.acraftymoment.blogspot.com

Barb said...

What a wonderful quilt...great job stippling too.....ahhhhhhh doesn't that feel good???

Unknown said...

it looks great Gene.......love it...great free motion, don't you just love it?

Pat said...

I think it looks terrific, Gene! Great work on all parts of it, in my opinion.

hetty said...

I'm lovin' it, Gene!

SandyQuilts said...

Love your D9P.

Have you seen
http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

Vesuviusmama said...

I love it, Gene, all those fabrics! And quirky quilting IS fun!