Sunday, September 06, 2009

I did a little PFP today

I don't know how many, if any, of you remember this purse I made.
Tulip Purse

Tulip Purse-Back
As you can see, I used a quilt block on the front. The Nana got this for her birthday last year. Everyone in her little beach town keeps bragging about it and asking where she got it. She tells them that it is a one of a kind designer bag.

The lady that works in the shop below her condo has asked for one also. So I suppose this is a commission - if she still wants it when I finish it.

I did the paper foundation piecing (PFP) square today, so it is started. And here is that little beauty

PFP Tulip

11 comments:

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Oh, very nice, and you are right, you have improved greatly! I'm sure the woman will want the purse.

Barb said...

love the square, really pretty.

Great going on the bag!!

Greg said...

If I haven't said this before, sorry I'm late. If I have said this before, It's because I mean it... Gene,You do great work!

Tangos Treasures said...

Both are very pretty!

Pat said...

Very nice. I really enjoy paper piecing. I know some don't like it....but I do...and once I learned it, I found it very easy, too.

Betsy said...

It is a beauty Gene. You did a fabulous job.

Anonymous said...

I see making lots of these in your future! Also, in addition to the lovely PFP tulip block on the front, I absolutely love the unique free-motion quilted back. Each one will be different, a signature of sorts!

sewfunquilts said...

I loved the way you quilted that bag on the back, and am anxious to see the new one...post "as you go" pics. of it...ok?

Gari in AL said...

Looks like this lady is going to get a really nice, colorful purse. Good paper piecing!

hetty said...

I love paper piecing. For a while I used to turn everything into a paper pieced pattern. Now I am more confident in my abilities and don't do it as often. I love the bag you made for Nana! I am sure the other bag will be fantastic too. The lady will love it. And if she doesn't you can give it to me.

Carol R. said...

It's a beautiful bag. I love the bright cheery colors you chose for the block on this one. Good job, Gene!