Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Home again and I brought a project with me.

Several of you noticed my absence. Some of you even emailed me. A couple of you were worried about me. (I am sorry if I caused you any undue concern.)
The fact is, I went on a vacation. I got to spend a week on a cruise ship with some friends. We went to the Caribbean and stopped in Costa Maya, Mexico, then Guatemala, Belize and finally Cozumel, Mexico. I am "happy" to report that I managed the entire week without buying fabric for quilting. Okay, I confess, I didn't find any stores to shop for it.
I did buy a few trinkets, a couple of tee shirts and the shirt pictured below. The poor little guy went thru all his piles of shirts to find the color and size I wanted. The price was very good. I didn't look too closely. When I was getting ready for the evening meal, I made a discovery. OOPS. The collar is not on straight. YIKES! Did I panic? Nah, I switched to a different shirt and packed this baby to take home.




Two years ago I would have marked this as a loss. Ha! Times have changed. I know that I can rip the stitches holding this collar, take it off and reposition it. When I sew it back together it will be just fine. Quilting has certainly empowered me in the sewing/repair area. And let me say that I thank all of you who have helped me along the way. You are a great bunch of friends.

In other vacation news: On the ship was the Second City Comedy Troupe. Now if you don't know about Second City, it is a sketch based comedy troupe that has produced a large number of famous comedians. (a number of which went on to Saturday Night Live) You can go to http://www.secondcity.com/History and see a list of alumni.

Well my friends, I got an experience out of this trip. I got to go ONSTAGE with Second City and be in the act. It was only one sketch, and I was one of two volunteers. It was a blast. I wish you had all been there.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

how great, I can't wait to see this fixed collar.

lesthook said...

Hey Gene! Good to see you! Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Needled Mom said...

Wish we had been there too!!!!

Nancy said...

I say leave the collar as it is and start a new trend!
What no photos of you being made fun of??? Surely SOMEONE took a picture...

Rhonda said...

Hi Gene, so happy you are back on land...LOL...are had a wonderful and safe adventure.

Barb said...

I am glad you had a good time but next time punch out with your friends.

Tangos Treasures said...

You were missed for sure!! Your vacation sounds like it was fun!! I would have loved to be there!! LOL can you imagine us all there, too funny!!

Pat said...

Yes...we need photos of you onstage! Funny about the collar!!!

Micki said...

I think that the collar and trim gives the shirt a unique look...leave it the way it is. So glad that you had a good time. It does sound like an incredible time.
Micki

julia said...

Glad you had a great time on your cruise. I'm glad that project is yours rather than mine. I could fix it but I wouldn't enjoy doing it. I do like the shirt, though.

Sue said...

Love the shirt! How does it look if you just leave the top button open?