Tuesday, January 26, 2010

How I did it.

One of my readers (and a friend) asked how I recorded the penny whistle tune from yesterday and posted it on my blog. I am going to attempt to tell you. (By the way, this will show you that I am a real geeky kind of guy)


I don't have a good microphone for my computer SO, I recorded it with my camera set on movie. THEN I put that on the computer and used a free program called Audacity which I set to record "what you hear" and played the video. That recorded the sound from the video. (It was way too much trouble, but I really wanted to do it)
Now having a GOOD microphone and recording directly into Audacity is a far more elegant solution.

Also, blogger doesn't have a way to embed audio directly (like it does pictures) SO I had to find the HTML for that and edit code to make it work.

So let me see if I can post the code to show it: You leave out the exclamation point and fill in the link where you are hosting your sound file. It also starts and ends with an embed tag.  The starting tag has < > with embed inside it. The ending tag has a / before the word embed and is also in the < > After the opening embed tag there is a "<" also (no quotation marks around it though)

! autoplay="false" controller="true" height="20" pluginspage="http://apple.com/quicktime/download/" scale="tofit" src="link to song here" type="video/quicktime" width="320">

6 comments:

Sue said...

Way too complicated for this tiny mind. That's ok tho'...I can't play the penny whistle!

Pat said...

Sue is right....way too complicated for THIS mind, too!!!

Barb said...

Are you just too smart.....my little mind can not even go there.....glad there are people out there who's mind do....

Micki said...

You lost me too, but I am glad that you got it!
LOL
Micki

Royce said...

I'm a bit geeky myself and you lost me. Code just won't compute in my brain.

Joanne Lendaro said...

That post is so funny, just because you are so excited and the rest of us are just lost!! But glad you figured it out!!