Monday, January 25, 2010

A musical interlude -Or maybe your ears will bleed!

I have been playing around with the penny whistle for a few years. It has been very "off and on" and that more OFF than On.
However, I got involved with some folks that are really good musicians and my desire to really play has increased. So I have been practicing on this:




















Actually this is a "Key of C" model and mine is a "D" but they look alike.
So I decided to  play (or is it massacre?) a tune for you.   I hope this works.  oooh...it does, you have to click the little play arrow on the player though.




Some folks have mentioned that they can't play the player so -Here is a direct link to the file
Skye Boat Song

10 comments:

lesthook said...

Gene,that was much better than I expected from your description,LOL!

Unknown said...

I think it's great! I'll get my clairnet and we can be a duo. It's really good!

Rhonda said...

Alright Gene, that was totally cool. It's great to have other interests!!!!
Take care.
BTW....how did you record and post your music????

ooglebloops said...

I couldn't hear it :>(- something came up about needing and apple plug in and I am always leery about downloading stuff I know nothing about!!! But, I am sure it was good!!!

Pat said...

Good job, Gene! I enjoyed hearing the penny whistle on my trip to Ireland some years back...and this brought back happy memories to me.

Kaye said...

Good Job Gene, it has such a lilting Irish sound and give yourself some credit as you did an excellent job

Barb said...

It won't work for me but I am still impressed all the same!!

Sue said...

I recognised "The Skye boat Song" good playing Gene

Anonymous said...

Another unique, creative one-of-a-kind, and very artistic offering!

Tangos Treasures said...

Bravo, bravo!!