Saturday, October 23, 2010

At It Again

Notebooks, that is.  I have been making more quilted notebook covers and even a couple of quilted photo albums.  Last year at the sale, a lady opened a couple of the notebooks, sighed and said "Grandma's need brag books!"  So I am accommodating the buying public.  I really hope she shows up this year!
Here is what the ones I have with me look like:

CIMG4431

The two small ones on the lower right are photo books (they are kind of in a shadow.) This brings me to a total of 12 notebooks and two photo albums in the last week.

I also started quilting the "Pink Diamonds" quilt.  I am doing it all free motion, even though I did a lot of "straight lines"  (they are NOT very straight, they are "organic")

CIMG4433

I have been pretty productive this week!  Now I think I will pack it in and enjoy this beautiful Saturday afternoon.


 

10 comments:

Barb said...

You are just going to town....love what you have been up to!!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to decide how to quilt my finished top...I don't think I can even begin to afford Long-arm quilting, but the entire quilting process intimidates me. =( I like your "organic" lines. It makes me feel better. =)

Pat said...

The photo albums are great ideas! And I love the term "organic" straight lines. LOL

Unknown said...

love those notebooks and photo albums.....

Anonymous said...

Wishing you success in marketing these, they are unique!

Greg said...

I'm a totally organic quilter... Glad to see I'm not the only one!!! Thanks Gene!

SewCalGal said...

I don't think just Grandma's need these, but everyone. I know I'd love one. Great job Gene.
These would certainly make great gifts too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love all the notebook covers. Of course I am drawn to the bright ones.

Your Pink Diamonds is looking great. Like everyone else I love organic lines. Grandma used to say I couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler. lol Now I use my crooked lines to my advantage.

Cori said...

Great covers, I like the colors and the quilting. The organic lines and spirals circles add a lot to the covers. Wonderful job

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your notebook/album covers are great.