Friday, October 22, 2010

Commission Quilt 2 take Two - and a Flimsy finished

First of all let me say "HOORAY!"  The second commission quilt is all in one piece and only needs binding.  It goes "on hiatus" for a while and I get to do other sewing things.
Here it is -all in one piece.  The "skinny stripes" are the joining strips.
Commission Quilt-joined

Oh that felt gooood!

You may remember the "Pink diamonds" piece I did for a demonstration.  I decided to make it into a baby quilt or Lap quilt - the purchaser can decide on its final use.  So I added some borders.  Now you know that I didn't do "plain" as it is not my style. So here is what I did:

Baby or Lap Quilt - Pink Diamonds

Oh, please ignore the bits of the kitchen peeking around the edges. When I was sewing those top and bottom borders, I kept saying "blue, yellow, pink, blue, yellow, pink" so I could keep them in order.
This is so bright and happy, that I would love to keep it. But, well, I have to sell some of the things I make or I couldn't afford to keep making them.
I still have at work to do.  Gee, this has to be layered and quilted and bound.  Back to the sewing machine for me.

 

10 comments:

Barb said...

You have been one busy person....What wonderful commision quilts, the owner will be sooo happy. Love your lap, baby...whatever you want it to be quilt.

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow both are so pretty!!
How'd you hang the baby/lap quilt up??

Anonymous said...

Lovely...both of them...the pink diamond is so fun...very bright and appealing. =)

Petit Design Co. said...

ah yes the quilters conundrum, keep or sell? I tell ya I almost cried when I finally mailed my first sold quilt. Right then I decided selling quilts is not for me, so I made up my mind to sell patterns instead!

Pat said...

Both quilts look very nice, Gene!

Anonymous said...

I know it's not your first choice of color, but your first photo of the commission quilt with more muted colors is lovely. Also love the skinny stripes! Very unique layout. I has your signature all over it in spite of the calmer colors.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Great quilts! Love those skinny stripes! Have seen them in Cotton Theory, but like them in a traditional setting! Dang, work does get in the way of so much, doesn't it? However, we do like those luxuries in life...electricity, indoor plumbing...and eating! ;-)))) Happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

you have been busy!
nice work gene!

Melissa ;-) said...

I can so see a baby's room being decorated around that quilt!

Micki said...

I love the commisioned quilt...Very pretty! Your smaller quilt turned out so cute.
Micki