Thursday, October 21, 2010

Commission Quilt 2 and Another Journal

Yesterday I did some more sewing on the second commission quilt and it is getting close to a finish. I have it in only two pieces now and I plan to join those today. Yaay! I used a Turning Twenty pattern for this quilt. The fabric is a fat quarter collection from Connecting Threads called "Bed and Breakfast." This is a rather traditional looking quilt for a person whose style is traditional. I think the new owner will be happy this Christmas. If you look close you may see my free motion quilting on this. I used a new (to me) design. I even threw in a couple of hearts and some flowers.

Commission2



My other project yesterday was another journal cover. This one is made of some Asian inspired fabric scraps. Again I popped the scraps on the 1 1/2" strip cutter to make 'logs' before sewing and then did free piecing (no plan other than watching color values) This has a composition book inside that can be easily replaced when this book is full.

Asian Scrap Journal


Now, I have a few more journal covers to make and that quilt to sew on. I probably won't bind the quilt until after Thanksgiving. That way I can devote my sewing time to making items for the sale in November. It is quickly approaching!


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt is lovely. You did a great job. =)

Melissa ;-) said...

Your new quilt looks very cozy, Gene!

Pat said...

You are doing so well with your free motion. I feel as if I'll never get the hang of that. *sigh*