Friday, December 28, 2012

An idea, an invitation to adventure

I am on a "vacation" of sorts so not posting much this week. However, I had an idea and wanted to tell you all as soon as possible so you have time to think about it.
In April (15-18) there is a great opportunity. Two of the Gee's Bend quilters will be having a workshop that is very affordable.
http://www.folkschool.dioala.org/bluegrass-gees-bend-week.html
This is the same camp where I have taken art classes in the past. I love the location which is in the woods away from the hustle and bustle. It is a bit rustic there but it is also a lot of fun.
So, I am inviting you to join me if you can. We will sew, laugh sing and just have a great time.

6 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

That's near my youngest's stomping grounds. That sounds totally inviting. I'll have to think on this one.

Cindy said...

Oh my word, you'll have a fabulous time, Gene! I'm actually sitting here at my laptop thinking (dwelling) upon "a list" of projects that I 'think" I might to attack in 2013. Oh, that list will be "played" with over the next few days - additions, subtractions and maybe some new techniques even.

Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

Pat Merkle said...

It sounds like fun. If I still lived in Little Rock, I'd be there. But I'm afraid NY is just a bit too far from Alabama.

marilyn said...

It would be fun to attend a quilt retreat and one day...maybe when the kids are grown. I have another question for you. This summer you did a tutorial about a quilt square using the Accuquilt star and I thought an embroidery design on top of the star (around the edge) but I can't find it anywhere. Was I dreaming? I'm looking for embroidery designs to go with my Accuquilt Go, but now that I want them, can't find them.
thanks!

Sarah said...

Oh wow that looks like a great time. and like you said, totally affordable! But alas, I am already signed up for Quiltcon and can't fit two quilt workshops into my schedule or budget.

I will count on you for a full report!

Anonymous said...

I learned how to quilt by a lady that sewed like Gee's Bend, and it was a free sewing pattern that I have always loved. Sure wish I could attend this class. Enjoy!!!