Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fallen off the Earth

Yes I know it seems that I have fallen off the face of the earth, but that is not the case.   I just haven't had much time to make things.
So let me share a painting with you.

A number of years ago, I took a class with artist Janet Rogers.  This was a watercolor class on flowers and portraits.  Janet had a couple of paintings where she only painted a partial face. I was totally intrigued by them.  So I did a few of them.  This painting "That Look" was painted from a picture I took of a co-worker.  I also did a full portrait of her, but I can't find a picture of it.   I do love the way I was able to preserve the white areas in this. 

By the way, my giveaway ends Friday night. 



My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

4 comments:

suemac said...

Such a nice effect.

Barbara said...

Now you know, I like this. Really different, a partial face, also memorable.

Linda C said...

This is wonderful, Gene. You are a multi-talented fellow, not limited by any one genre.

Kathleen said...

Lovely, Gene. I can tell she's someone who would have a beautiful smile.