Thursday, August 07, 2014

Winnings and a Plan

Just the other day, I was delighted to get an email telling me that I had won a charm pack of Amy Ellis' Modern Neutrals from Quilt Taffy.  That link will take you to the blog, but there is also a wonderful Etsy store for Quilt Taffy where you can get your own sweet treats!  So if you are wanting your own Modern Neutrals charm pack you can go there and get it - along with a lot of other wonderful stuff.  If you get more than one item use the "convo" feature and Corrie will set up a special listing for you and combine shipping (saving you $)

So here is the charm pack:

and here it is spread out with the batiks I want to use it with:
See how those teal/aqua bits go so well with my batiks.  I think I have some warm batiks I can add to go with the other colors.  But seriously the green batiks make those reds and the grays pop.

One of the designs is so simple -and it would make a great background fabric for a quilt.  It is available in every colorway in the the set.  Here it is up close.
There is also a teal/aqua one and a tan one, but I didn't think to pull them to the top.

Now - what type of pattern or quilt design will I use????  I guess you will have to wait and see.  I plan on starting this TODAY!   hooray, back to sewing for now.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

7 comments:

Jeanna said...

Love those charms and batiks are my favorite. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

I'm hoping to have some time to sew today as well.

Enjoy!

kathyinozarks said...

congrats and lucky you Gene! I love quilt taffy-I signed up every week for over a year and never got lucky so haven't dropped by there an entered for some time now-have fun sewing with your new fabrics

Carol Swift said...

Lucky you...those are beautiful colors! I love shopping at Quilt Taffy!

Beth said...

Love those charms. Lucky you, a prize and a new project. Enjoy

ShirleyC said...

Congrats on your win! I love winning anything that pertains to fabric!

Barb said...

Lucky you!!! I want to come rub your head...HA!!!

Corrie said...

Can't wait to see!