Friday, August 01, 2014

Slug

As far as quilting goes,  I have been a slug.  You know, slow and seemingly useless.


I have done some weaving though. I wove 125 inches of 18 inch wide fabric.  I am waiting for it to tell me what it will become. In Saori weaving, we have a theory of "weave your heart."  This means weave without intention for what it will become. Just weave for self expression.   There is no right or wrong.  Change colors at your own whim. Change techniques when you want to.  Just weave.  This makes the process very meditative and very freeing.
This fabric is off the loom and a new bit is started. The new is mostly warm colors.
Saturday is the day for the Kai.  A Kai is a weaving party basically.  We will weave and learn from each other.  
My quilt projects are waiting, but I hear them calling my name.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

7 comments:

Holee said...

Gene, that is just fabulous! I can see myself wrapped up in it sitting on the porch in the fall just watching the leaves fall.

Petit Design Co. said...

Your woven fabric looks so inviting, I just want t o run my fingers over it and feel the texture.

Beth said...

Looks so pretty and fun. I wonder what it will be. A weaving party sounds like lots of fun.

Rhonda said...

I love this free expression piece that you wove. Great job!! Have fun at your weaving party!!

kathyinozarks said...

that's awesome Gene, I have never wove like that-I can see how it could be very therapeutic

Kathleen said...

Whatever it will be, will be beautiful. I wonder how a panel like this would stand up to sunlight? I'm thinking vertical window blinds.

Yarning4asmile said...

Gene that is so beautiful! Your weaving is amazing! Thanks for dropping in the Alabama Yarnies group... I am the yarning4asmile ;)