Monday, July 28, 2014

What is going on?

Hi folks, after a week of fighting "the crud" and not being very creative, I am finally feeling better. Yesterday I was scheduled to sing a duet for church and I managed to be there and sing. I think it went well.

I don't know if you are aware but starting on August 2nd there is an online quilt show called "Pets on Quilts." It is being run by Lilypad Quilting.
There is a button on the left sidebar that will take you there.  OR you can click the picture above. If you have a quilt with an animal theme OR if you have a pet that will pose on your quilt - you can enter.  But if you don't have either, there are other ways to still win prizes. (go check it out.)  There are some wonderful sponsors.  I won't attempt to list them as I would surely miss one.  One of the prizes is a Velocity Steam Iron - I have one of these and I love it.  So be sure you enter.  One easy way to be registered for a prize is to be a PR angel.  All you have to do is add the button on your blog.

As you all know, I have been doing a lot of weaving.  One of the fun/crazy things I learned was how to make a hat from a piece of woven fabric. So here is a silly picture of me in a hat that I made. The ponytail/fringed part is supposed to go to the back. You know I don't always do the conventional thing -- hey, I can't help it - I am an artist.
Smilin' at ya. 




My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

6 comments:

Jean said...

Kids would love your hat. Some in our church make hats on the nifty knitter, and one lady took a ball of short pieces of yarn knotted together and made a hat with all the ends of yarn sticking out. We have these for Trick or Trunking for the low income in the area and they love the hats. I've made many pairs crocheted mittens to go with them.

Lynn said...

Glad you are feeling better. Having the crud is no fun!

Beth said...

Glad that you are feeling better. That hat is so fun! Great colors.

Barb said...

You are so funny,

hope you get over your sickness soon.

kathy said...

Love the hat.
If it weren't for the dreaded hat hair, I'd want one just like this.

Sarah said...

Dimple pic! yay!