Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Oxalis and a Present

When I went out today, I saw the oxalis in my shade planter.  Wow! It has suddenly started to thrive in this heat.  I planted it for the foliage but the blooms are pretty also.


I love the richness of the deep purple with the the lighter purple accent.  The blooms are on delicate green sprigs that complement the purples nicely.  As the blooms are the palest pink it is hard to see the color in these pictures.

I have spent a bit of time weaving a present for someone who is having a birthday.  I never know what to give as a present so something handmade and useful is what I like to give.  This was not started to be an art piece, but something happened along the way.  Thanks to my muse and to the Spirit of all creativity it is very artistic.  I am grateful for any creativity that I am blessed with.

And of course a couple of close-ups

I enjoyed making this scarf - and I really enjoy looking at it.  I hope the recipient loves it too.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

I just dyed some fabric the color of those leaves!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My mother used to grow Oxalis as a houseplant but I don't remember the leaves being so pretty.

I love the scarf! Very artistic indeed!

sandiqltr said...

Gene, I love that scarf and the creativity that developed. I, too, love to follow my muse. I don't allow myself enough "free time" to do it often, though.
Really enjoy reading your blog posts!

Jeanna said...

I don't believe I have ever seen an oxalis but it is pretty. Love the color of the leaves and the blooms really do not look like they belong to the same plant. Interesting.

Another lovely scarf!

kathyinozarks said...

I saw those lovely leaves and was thinking hand dyed fabric too-very pretty and I love your scarf Gene

Teresa Quilts said...

Love that plant! I don't think I've ever seen one in person, but it would make beautifully dyed fabric! I love your scarf! I think it is one of the prettiest ones you have made. Well, they have all been beautiful, but this one has its own character with the weaving of the strands. You have been blessed, Gene with such creativity.

Barb said...

I need to get me one of those plants if they love the heat....

Your scar is sooooo wonderful!!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful scarf!