Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Crud

Have you ever had "the crud" ?  I had great plans to do some quilt making this weekend. I was going to finish this piece.
It needs backing, quilting and binding.  But it hasn't happened.

  Friday morning I had a vaguely sore throat.  I assumed it was allergies as I had cut the grass the evening before. So I just carried on.  By evening it was a bit worse and I was slightly grumpy.  ( I should have realized it then.) Saturday morning I was BLAH!  I have THE CRUD!  As I am rarely sick, this is a real pain to me.  Sunday I have been sleeping frequently, and when  awake drinking lots of hot tea (Celestial Seasonings Peppermint for the head clearing effect.)  When you are sick it is very important to stay hydrated.
So folks, I am going to be all right, but for now I am back to tea and rest.  Hopefully I will have something new to show you in the next week.
My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

5 comments:

Teresa Quilts said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I am sorry you are sick. :(

Dora, the Quilter said...

I've been dealing with crud since Tuesday--and today the pharmacist let me know that since my allergies have been triggered so intensely (on top of the crud), for the first time in around ten years, I'll probably have to deal with medicating them until things freeze here!
Hope you heal in a hurry!

Beth said...

feel better soon.

ShirleyC said...

Hope you feel better soon. I hate to get sick when I have so much to be done.

kathyinozarks said...

I so agree no fun being sick-I love those birds on your piece-I drink lots of tea when I am not feeling good.
allergy season must be coming early too though cause mine has really flared up and its still July-take care