Monday, July 21, 2014

A creative riff

Even though I am still "croupy"  I am seeing inspiration in many places. Wanda at Exuberant Color posted what she is working on with some leftovers.  I really liked the "What if" she showed.  So into Electric Quilt, and after drawing two blocks, I set up the layout and then played with the colors.

Probably my favorite.  I love the paths made by the two red fabrics

This one looks choppy to me

I see dragonflies (and now I see an oops in the layout - one
segment didn't get rotated) 

Change the background to white and this is a lovely Quilts of Valor quilt (Wanda said so!)


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

5 comments:

Average Quilter said...

I like the 1st one the best as well. Found the oops right off. I did this the other day and ended up with a bunch of different options - ended up not liking any of them.

Beth said...

I do like the secondary pattern in the first lay out as well.

Vicki W said...

EQ is so much fun! I think I like the 1st one best too.

Gari in AL said...

What fun. The problem I have playing in EQ is that I tend to lose track of time. ;-)

Barb said...

Love them all.....