Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Rich Colors

A friend contacted me to make something for a present. I got excited.  I ordered the supplies and could hardly wait for them to arrive.
Then they arrived and I got started on the weaving.
I had a difficult time putting this down.  The colors are richer in person than they appear on the screen.
Last night, I got it off the loom.  It still needs to have the fringe twisted.  Then I will wet finish it.
Here are the photos I took this morning under overcast skies.





two photos combined to save space!
 This scarf is roughly six feet long as requested and made of mostly wool. There are some cotton fabric bits added in. There is also a bit of acrylic and a wool/acrylic blend yarn in there since I needed the extra colors.


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

11 comments:

sarah c said...

Loving the color choices. Fond of bright colors myself-

The Slow Quilter said...

Gene you are a weave master. I love the colors.

Marjorie said...

That is stunning. Love the colors and the design. You're going to be addicted to weaving colors like quilting fabric.

Deacon J said...

Beautiful colors and everything I hoped it would be. Thank you so much friend!

Holee said...

This is really a great! scarf. I like 6' because you can wrap it in many ways. I put the second photo through my micro soft picture it and it made the colors jump out..very beautiful! When I look at the colors it reminds me of the words in America the Beautiful....For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!

Patti Williams said...

very nice!

Jeanna said...

Now I love MY scarf but this one is among my favorites that you have shared. You have become quite the artist on the loom too!

suemac said...

How pretty. Love all the colors.

Karen H said...

Beautiful scarf - love the colors!

Royce said...

Oh Gene I love this the colors are beautiful!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

So many talents Mr Gene! I'm so happy to see you have been enjoying your retirement :)

Kelly