Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Coins Quilt - Progress

Some "let's sew" mojo came to call and there was progress made on the Coins Quilt. 
This will be one section that will be quilted and then joined to the other sections once they are all three quilted. For me, quilting this way makes it much more manageable.  Even though this is a long strip (and it still needs top and bottom borders added - oops,) it will be easier to move through the domestic machine as there will be less weight and less drag.
















So, now to add those black top and bottom borders.  Then I will work on the center section which will consist of a gray strip, a coin strips, a green and gray strip, a coin strip and another gray strip.

Meanwhile, I am also working diligently on my Spanish lessons as well as working not as diligently on my ukulele playing. Life is busy, but full and happy for me.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Aurora, IL (where I live) just had it's first ukulele festival on Sunday (no, I didn't go).

Barb Neiwert said...

Hola, Gene! Como esta? Keep up those lessons, and keep on quilting. It will be a great scrappy quilt for certain!

Jeanna said...

I like the way the Coins Quilt is coming together.

You know what they say...Variety is the Spice of Life. So...keep it spicy, my friend.

Barb said...

Life certainly is busy.....can't wait to see this quilt finished.

Julie Fukuda said...

Even when quilting by hand, often a quilt-as-you-go plan solves lots of problems as to space and convenience.

Pamela Arbour said...

I really like how your coin quilt is coming along. Good luck with the Spanish. Since our schools are required to teach English as a second Language for the Spanish speaking population, I think they should also require Spanish for English speaking students since so many jobs today require it.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your coin quilt is coming along nicely! I can see where your "quilt-as-you-go" method makes it easier to handle a larger quilt. With all of your activities - practicing your Spanish and ukulele - and your weaving and dyeing - you make me feel lazy - LOL - ;))