Friday, October 04, 2019

A Sneak Peek


Here is a quick look at one small part of the table topper I am working on for my Island Batik project for October.

This little snowman is an embroidery design - I wish I could tell you where I got it, but I don't remember.  I didn't find it on Embroidery Library -where I get lots of my designs.

(late addition - this came from Kreative Kiwi Designs.  This one is from Redwork Christmas.  Current price is all of $2.10 USD for all nine designs for a  4x4 hoop)

After sewing out the snowman,  and quilting all around it, I decided to play with my Inktense pencils. I colored in as best I could (it needs a bit of touchup.) Then I went back with a somewhat stiff paintbrush and textile medium to activate the color AND to make it permanent.
You may see that around his nose I slipped a bit.  That just adds to the handmade charm (I keep telling myself. )



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Jennifer - I think he's cute - ;))

Marie said...

I love Snowmen however they are made. You made it yours, great job! Hugs, Marie

Barbara said...

Very cute indeed!

Barb said...

I truly love this, love the fact that you colored on it as well.

Frog Quilter said...

Nice quilting Gene.

Lyndsey said...

A really cute snowman and I love that he's coloured in. Oh I hope we have some snow this winter.

Quilting Tangent said...

Cute snowman, the colors just make him that much more loveable.