Friday, January 27, 2023

Announcement!

While most of my readers are not in the local area,  I want to share this news with you anyway.  The local Public Library has a good-sized auditorium, The Ayers Room, where many presentations are given. But, also in this space, the walls are dedicated as an art gallery space. Local artists are invited to share their talents in an exhibit.  At some point during the last year, the Librarian and I discussed using the space to show my quilts.  Due to the schedule already in place, we were not able to put it on the calendar until March of this year.  However, in mid-January, the librarian saw me in the library and asked if I could mount the display earlier.  I told her that I had a few pieces that were not ready yet, but I would be happy to do it as quickly as possible. (The previously scheduled artist had cancelled.) Therefore, I have a longer exhibit time. 

Here is the poster that the library's Graphic Designer created for the event. 
I love the way this came out!

Here is a sample of the display:


I will be sharing more photos of this in the coming weeks. 
As this post is on a Friday, I am also linking this to the Friday Face Off.
The Friday Face Off is hosted by Nicole at  DVArtist.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

20 comments:

roentare said...

Congratulations on these fabulous face portraits!

Tom said...

...congratulations Gene. It's nice that you and your work is being recognized. I lok that the show goes well.

sirkkis said...

Really gorgeous art of your style, Gene. Love every piece, congratulations 😍👍

Barbara said...

Very nice display, Gene! I suspect you will have to bid adieu to a lot of them for sale! Good luck!
I also love your poster, it’s an eye catcher for certain!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations, such eye catching work

Jeanna said...

This portion of the display looks great, Gene. Wish I was closer so I could enjoy it. The poster really did turn out nice. Good luck with saying farewell to many pieces.

Vicki W said...

Congratulations Gene! I look forward to more photos. It's going to be fun for people to see your quilts and break their expectations of what defines a "quilt".

DVArtist said...

Ahhh congratulations Gene. Our library here is much like yours. Before covid I was on the library art committee and by vote and like all others my art was featured several times. It's a great place for art to be seen by your community. I made many sale after the exhibit. No sales can be made at or through our library. Since covid I didn't feel the need or want to go back. I love seeing all of your faces displayed. OK, so now you know what a Syringomyelia is. Good for you, a lot of PC don't even know what it is. I have to explain it. Thanks for thinking of me enough to find out what it is. Have a great day today. P.S. you know if I lived closer I would be at the exhibit. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, congratulations Gene, that's wonderful! LOVE your faces! Valerie

Christine said...

Very exciting for you!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations, Gene!! Your exhibit is sure to be a success - the poster is wonderful - and the library is a great place for people to see your art - ;))

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations, fab faces.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

So where is your local area ...in the chance that we might be in it. I would go to your exhibit in a heart beat and probably spend more money than I have. This is wonderful for you, Gene. The exposure will bring you local fame of sorts and an opportunity to sell more of your pieces than you could imagine. The faces you put up today are awesome and I look forward to seeing more between now and April. Congratulations, Gene, you truly deserve this opportunity.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You deserve the extra time to be displayed. Nice poster, too.

Fundy Blue said...

Wonderful face portraits, Gene, and your exhibition poster is great. I hope you have lots of sales!

ASouthernQuiltersJoy said...

Congratulations, Gene. Wish I lived closer so I could view all of your quilts in person.
Enjoy.

Jennifer said...

Yay! You

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations, Gene. SO glad you were given the extra time. I have seen several of the faces you shared, and look forward to hearing how well the art sales were. Wish I lived closer because you make really incredible faces.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Well done, Gene. I have no doubt that this kind of recognition is well deserved. We live in a Mennonite area and local quilting bees are an annual feature at a Maple Syrup Festival in Elmira. I am sure you would enjoy seeing a dozen Old Order Mennonite women sitting around a table working on a quilt. You could probably give them a few pointers!

Frog Quilter said...

Nice facial pieces. Love the baby quilt.