Wednesday, January 11, 2023

What? Can You Believe it? Quilting

I know that some of you  may be shocked by this.  It has been so long since I quilted anything larger than a 16" by 20" piece that you think I may have quit.  Ha!  I found two pieces that have been hiding out, waiting for the right time to say "Hey there, quilt me!"  

This one has been "in the stack" since March of 2017!   On Tuesday, I layered it, basted it with pins, and did some Stitch in the Ditch to secure it for more quilting. 

I think this quilt will be quite eye-catching in my exhibit. 
Of course, now I have to figure out how I am going to quilt it. 

Meanwhile, back at Mom's, we finished the 1000 piece puzzle. 
I was happy to put in that last red piece. 

 Mom really enjoyed this one even though it was harder than the ones we usually assemble. 

Now, I need to get back to work - I have a facing to hand sew unto the back of a wall quilt. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Do my eyes deceive me? LOL. Look forward to seeing how you quilt this one. Love the colors and it will make a nice addition to the exhibit. The puzzle is adorable! I love a red truck, but mostly golden retrievers.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gene, this is fabulous, well done! Valerie

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree- it will make a nice addition to your exhibit. It will be interesting to see how you quilt it. And the red truck is great - but the golden retrievers are even better - ;))

Vicki W said...

Ooooh, I love this quilt!