Friday, February 24, 2023

Art Exhibit Tour and Friday Face Off

This week, I gave a tour of my art exhibit to some people who traveled about an hour from a town south of us.  It was a delight to share about my works, and answer questions from the participants.  


These two items sold at the end of the tour.  
First up is this painting:

Standing On The Brink


This vest also sold, the black with vivid colors was perfect for the happy purchaser.
As I have no way to hang my hand woven clothing at this venue,  I carried a few pieces to show. I am so glad that I thought to take some of my woven works. 

While we were discussing the quilts, one lady asked "How can I wash a quilt?" Before I could answer she stated "I was told to NEVER put it in the washing machine."  I said, "Almost every quilt in this exhibit, other than the wall hangings, has been washed in the washing machine and dried in the dryer." 
Apparently the maker told her that the colors would probably run if she put it in the washing machine. So she had washed this kingsized quilt in the bathtub.  I wanted to ask why it wouldn't run in the tub - it is still water and soap......  But I was nice and kept my mouth shut. I did give her advice to save the quilt if the colors happen to run. Those are from Vicki Welsh at Colorways by Vicki- Save my Bleeding Quilt.

So for the Face Off today, I am going to post the video of my exhibit, but first here is a photo of some of the faces on display. 

Sigh, the video is taking a LONG time to upload.  I hope to have it here before this posts, but if not, it will be posted on my blog in a few days.


 I am linking this to the Friday Face Off hosted by Nicole at  DVArtist  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun to see how various people interpret the challenge. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful art and love the oven piece, so beautiful. I wash everything in the machine! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Wow, Gene, I LOVE your quilts.
Your color-combinations are extra ordinary beautiful - they are fantastic!
Thank you for showing the video.
Happy weekend xx

Tom said...

...Gene, thank you for taking through the show by way of the video. Stay creative.

Christine said...

Wonderful quilt exhibit Gene I like 'oh my stars' congrats on the sales.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Gene, your art exhibit is fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to do the video for all of us who live too far away to attend. I hope you get some more sales.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a wonderful show - I just love that woven piece the colors are so neat, I'm always surprised by how so many people are under the impression that quilts can not be washed and dried.

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara said...

Wow! An amazing show! I’d have fought for the one titled “Standing on the Brink” if I had been there. Just one question, Gene. When is your book coming out? 😊

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations on your sales! Good thinking to take some of your woven creations - and thanks for sharing the video - ;))

Iris Flavia said...

Yippeee on your success! Very well done, you are so talented in many ways!

DVArtist said...

What a fun time with these people. Yes, you were very nice not to mention the washing. Congratulations for the sales. I love that vest. Lucky lady. Thank you for sharing all of this with FFO and have a great day.

My name is Erika. said...

It's exciting you sold a couple of pieces Congrats! And that's a nice display. And I'm glad you could straightened out that lady's quilt misconception. I hope you have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice exhibit. I love listening to a southern accent. I miss that up north.

Vicki W said...

Thank you for the tour of your exhibit. It's excellent! Congratulations on your sales too and thank you for the mention!

Jeanna said...

Being the owner of one of your woven scarves, I can only imagine how happy the customer is to have a vest. Congratulations on the sales, Gene.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a wonderful body of work you have on display there! I am so impressed with the talent and scope of your art works. Great job!!!

NatureFootstep said...

wow, I love everything I see here, so beautiful pices to share on exhibitions

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on your show and its accompanying sales, Gene!