Friday, February 17, 2023

Friday Face Off 2/17/23

I am happy to say that I have a new little face to add to my collection of quilted cuties. 
When I stayed with Mom one night, I took my bin of pre-fused fabric and pre-fused scraps with me. While mom was reading in the living room, I was creating with scissors and a mini iron in the dining room. 

I took the first photo at home after the outline quilting was complete.  
Hi, my name is Marla. 

Then I looked at the back and thought, why not show a look behind the curtain. 
With a solid fabric on back it is easier to see the quilting lines. 


Then I finished quilting this lovely red haired lady. 


 I am linking this to the Friday Face Off hosted by Nicole at  DVArtist  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun to see how various people interpret the challenge. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Marla is beautiful. I guess you could say both inside and out. I actually think the backside would make an interesting piece too. Thanks for sharing both sides. It's really interesting to see. Happy weekend Gene!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

both sides are interesting for sure. These are so modern - not at all what I do but still pulls me to look at them - this is art for sure

DVArtist said...

Wow Gene. you are just amazing. I love everything about this. The colors, the shapes and of course her expression. Thank you for sharing with FFO. Have a great day and I hope your mom is doing better. https://beadwright.blogspot.com/2023/02/friday-face-off-21723.html

sirkkis said...

She looks kind and talented ๐Ÿ˜ You make your quiltings very well๐Ÿ‘
Happy weekend ๐Ÿ’š

Christine said...

Nice face!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a pretty redhead! Another GREAT addition to your collection - ;))

Barbara said...

Very interesting, even sweet as her face exudes peace. She really pops out of the dark background. You must have a whole population of quilted faces by now. I can see them in a children’s picture book! So very unique!!!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely, two for the price of one as well.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Good use of your time. Hope your mother keeps improving.

Fundy Blue said...

It was fun to see both sides of your quilted face, Gene! There have been a lot of quilters in my family, but they did traditional quilts. Yours are vibrant and fun, like your red-headed lady. I hope your mother is feeling better every day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVE your red haired Marla. Even her back side! I think this is one of my favorite quilts/faces you have made. One thing I learned from you today: I should fuse a bunch of my hand dyed fabrics for later use!!

Danice G said...

That is very pretty. I love your style so much.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a fun portrait quilt, Gene! What size did Marla end up? It's hard to tell from the photo.