Friday, February 10, 2023

Life gets in the way

Sometimes we plan to do things and life gets in the way.   I normally have "something new" for the Friday Face Off.  However, Mom had an issue and my brother and I are taking turns staying with her.  That means when I am home I am either busy with the essentials or catching up on sleep.  

Today I will be showing a couple of photos from my exhibit here in town at the public library.  I haven't had time to do a video tour.  Although yesterday I was there for a small live tour with Q & A.  After the tour, three pieces were purchased.  So here is the picture of those. 

These were already grouped together so I had the photo.  I am happy to see these go to a good home, although I will miss them. 

Here is another photo of some of the faces on display. I am adding this photo for the Face Off. 


 I am linking this to the Friday Face Off hosted by Nicole at  DVArtist  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun to see how various people interpret the challenge. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

14 comments:

DVArtist said...

Wow, I so wish I could see this exhibit in person. Your art is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with FFO. Have a wonderful day today.

Christine said...

Nice work

Jeanna said...

Congratulations on selling more pieces of your art. I hope things with your mom greatly improve soon.

My name is Erika. said...

That’s so exciting to sell 3 pieces Gene. Congrats. Your exhibit looks fantastic. And hope all
Goes well with you mom too.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations, lovely pieces.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations on the sale of your art pieces! I hope your Mom is doing well - ;))

Tom said...

...I'm not sure that life gets in the way, life just happens!

Fundy Blue said...

I hope that your mother is okay, Gene. Congratulations on selling more art pieces. I like the variety of your faces. I hope you get some rest this weekend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous art. Congrats on your sales! Hope your mom is soon better, Valerie

Vicki W said...

I'm so excited for you for your art sales!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a body of work you have to show there! I love the group of three, they are special.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

So sorry about your Mother. I hope she is well soon. Your sense of design is magnificent and I love the pieces that you sold (I envy the buyer for having them in their home). Of course, you know I love how you do your faces. Wonderful post and please do get a video of your entire exhibit for those of us who will be unable to see it in person. Wishing you and your Mother well ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on selling THREE quilts! I hope your mother is doing better.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hoping your Mom is doing better by now. You must be SEW pleased with the success of your show! Thanks for sharing these pieces with us.