Friday, February 09, 2024

Another Face for Friday

I have pulled out another piece of art from my archives.  This is unfinished - and may possibly remain that way. 
I like the soft and slightly mysterious nature of this piece.


I am linking up with Nicole for the Friday Face Off

Of course some days you just have an urge to make something.
I had that urge during this week. So, I decided to make a notebook cover.
These fit a standard size composition book, so they are very easy to refill once you have used up the composition book that it in it. 
Front

Inside front with pocket and label

Back
Over the years, I have sold a number of these notebook covers (notebook included) to people across the country.  I have also had them sold in an art gallery.  One wish is that I would see someone with one of my notebooks "in the wild."  I would want it to be someone who doesn't know me.  Ha ha. It would be fun to see their face when I said "I think I made that!" 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

roentare said...

the face in the painting is so innocent

Tom said...

...Gene, I like the design of your book cover! Take care and stay creative.

Valerie-Jael said...

The face painting is lovely, makes me wsonder what's going to happen next. And I love the book cover! Valerie

Barbara said...

The ghostly ethereal feeling of your piece makes it feel finished to me!

My name is Erika. said...

Even unfinished, I think that piece works. And new quilted cover too. Have a great weekend Gene.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also thought the faces were ethereal, but Barbara beat me to it.

I love your book cover. The design is fabulous. I would never have considered adding my name to a book I created. Awesome!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Notebook covers -- so clever!

Christine said...

Nice face and lovely work Gene

DVArtist said...

I really love this piece of art. They style and colors. Finished or not it is beautiful. Ohhh what a fabulous idea, the bookcovers! Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a really nice day today.

Violetta said...

Nice works and faces.
Have a good time
Violetta

Jeanna said...

That is a very interesting, and yes, mysterious piece of art. I love the colors in it. Hope all is well with you and your family, Gene.

Felicity said...

very nice :)

Jennifer said...

Well head north and I'll bring my green notebook cover and you can say it!