Monday, February 05, 2024

On the Way

Yes, this quilt is on the way to a finish!  I am excited about it.  During the process, I ran out of the fabric that I was using to join the blocks.  No Problem!  I took a page from my grandmother and said "What do I have that will look okay with it?" I saw a lovely batik in a similar colorway.  Bonus!  I apparently bought more than a yard (??maybe 3 yards???)  So that is what I used to join the remainder of the quilt blocks together.  There was easily enough to make the binding also.  
Here are a couple of photos of the folded quilt with the prepared binding. 

The big feature of this quilt is not the piecing but rather the actual quilting.
I did lots of free motion quilting practice and saved all of my pieces. 
Some of them, like the one below, are quilted with different threads. 

I will be happy to have this quilt on my bed once it has the binding added. 
I even remembered to baste the label in place so I don't forget to add it.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

sirkkis said...

I love the color pallet of the for of them.
Lovely!

sirkkis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
roentare said...

The quilt looks so soft and tender to touch. Exquisite fabric!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks fun.

Kathleen said...

That looks so great! Glad you had a fabric that worked in the stash!

DVArtist said...

These colors are amazing as is the quilting. You are the master for sure.