Friday, February 02, 2024

Friday Face

Another week has quickly passed.  Friday has arrived and I am sharing a painted face from years ago. So long ago that I don't remember the year (pre-2006 though) I took a watercolor class with Janet Rogers. She is a brilliant artist and is very skilled in watercolor portraits.  I learned a few things but never got great at it.  During the class we did paint some portraits.  Here is one that I consider a "fail" - although failing is part of the road to success.  
I doubt that the model would recognize herself, but at least the painting looks mostly human. Ha ha. 

Recently I was playing with AI art again and created this fun Art Deco inspired face picture. 

In other news, I have the quilt I was working on in the last post  put together into one large quilt. At this point I need to choose and sew the binding to finish it.  No photos yet. 

I am linking up with Nicole for the Friday Face Off


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

roentare said...

Looks like Monet's impressionism

My name is Erika. said...

I'm terrible at faces so that piece is not a fail in my eyes Gene. I actually like it, even if the model wouldn't recognize herself. Happy February.

Valerie-Jael said...

I like the face you painted, she looks like a neighbour here! Have a fun weekend!

Tom said...

...eyes are so expressive. Take care an get well soon.

Christine said...

Nice work Gene

ellie said...

Oh, but the painting has such great character that you captured. All the best to a creative weekend.

DVArtist said...

I love seeing your older art. OMG!!! your AI skills are excellent. I love this too. Thank you for joining FFO. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't draw a thing, so I absolutely love that face. I also adore yo9ur take on AI, too. Art Deco is a favorite era and I LOVE this.

Fundy Blue said...

Your "failed" watercolor of a face would be my masterpiece! The AI image is striking. I think AI will inspire artists like digital cameras inspired photographers. Stay warm and safe!

sirkkis said...

Your watercolor portrait has an expression, and it makes the painting not being a feilur.
Have a inspirational February 👍🎨

Barbara said...

Drawing combined with watercolor is a recipe for disaster in my hands. Her expression is vey serious, an achievement in itself.