Thursday, March 14, 2024

Weaving Detour

It seems that I haven't posted any creative hand work in a while.  But on March 3rd, I ordered a frame loom with a heddle bar to try a different type of weaving. This was shipped from Belgium and arrived on March 12th. (pretty fast I think.)   
(picture borrowed from Funem Studio)


 Honestly it just sat in the box for a day.  Then I assembled the loom (fairly easy assembly) and added a warp to it.  For those of you who weave on various looms, this is probably the easiest warping I have ever done. 

Next I took the materials that I had chosen to start with and started weaving.  I must say that the shed (space where you pass the thread through to weave) is rather tight. But certainly functional.  I didn't like the stick shuttles that came with it.  So I pulled out one that I had for my rigid heddle loom.  And started using it. 

Today I have the piece woven and it is ready to be removed from the loom. 
What will I do with it?  I haven't decided, but I think it would look great
pieced with some fabric for a throw pillow cover. 

For now I am just enjoying the process of creation. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool! You are weaving again!

roentare said...

The loom with so many colours are fabulous

peppylady (Dora) said...

Quite colorful. I hope your enjoy your loom.

Jeanna said...

Oh, a fun new toy! Can't wait to see what beauties you will create with this one.

Barwitzki said...

Weaving...wonderful.
When I saw your piece I immediately thought of a pillow :-)) Turns out that's what you were thinking of...
I once took a weaving class on a large handloom – a bit sporty for me – and I loved putting the wool threads together into patterns.
That new loom you bought would fit in my room :-))) And Belgium is just around the corner, so to speak.
I look forward to your next work...