Sunday, March 01, 2009

More of them



Just to let you know that I wasn't a total sloth on snow day, here is a picture of some string quilt blocks I made.






Notice the lone block at the top - it is on a different angle....now I have to figure out what to do with it! haha.


UPDATE: a few people said to use it as a label..but it is pretty big for that (in my opinion.) I am thinking that maybe I will make a few more and scatter them throughout the quilt for a little wonky variety.












The snow is melting...meeeelllllltttting..... just like the Wicked Witch of the West after Dorothy so innocently threw water on her.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Been there....certainly done that. Make it your label on the back, maybe. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Love your colorful string blocks, and the lone block that won't conform just makes it more interesting! This reminds me of something I want to post on my own blog. Your snow is now here in south Jersey!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

The odd angle is something I would do. Frustrating, but I like Barbara's comment. It makes it more interesting. But that means you have to make three more!

Pat said...

I like the block with the different angle. I say...leave it on the front of the quilt. Now, me....I am being a sloth today on our snow day. Well...not totally as I did go out and helped shovel, so I guess that counts for something, right? :)

Qubie said...

Your blocks are fun. I am with Rhonda use it as the label on the back.

LynnS said...

Now Gene....doncha know that a non-conformist always adds a different element to the mixture?! LOL

Dionne said...

LOL, that's what I always do too! Any square I'm not completely happy with, I just stick it on the back!
Cheers,
Dionne