Monday, March 16, 2009

What a STASH I got in the mail!

I got a nice package in the mail today, while I was out "test-driving" a sewing machine (a machine that I can't even think about affording.) I did enter to win the machine though! Wish me luck.

I have already been very lucky in this life. I have a wonderful family, friends, and best of all BLOG Buddies. One gracious Blog Buddy (I hope she doesn't mind being called a "buddy" since she is a LADY!) ---where was I? Well anyway, Linda at
Fiber Fabrications
hosted a Gobs of Goodies giveaway. Guess which lucky old man won? That's right -I did! So I opened this lovely package today and found all sorts of treasures.

This adorable pincushion - with pins!



Linda and her family raise Alpacas. I have never had the pleasure of meeting an alpaca, but from Linda's descriptions they are very sweet. I do know firsthand, now, that their wool is soft and cuddly. How? Well for one thing there is this handpainted wool yarn in my package. Aren't the colors gorgeous? And how about the fabric behind all these prizes? A half yard of fabric any quilter would love. Coincidence, but the woman "touching" the wool and the kitty peeking out from under it show how I feel about this wool yarn. (happy!)




Now for the big picture -

There is a book, a handcrafted pencil cup -(going to my desk at my job)
three squares of wool felt (nice and thick) , finger puppets (for the kid in me), a lapel pin (someone will get that as a gift -it is too nice to just hide and keep for myself)


Did you notice that round package on the felt squares? I didn't know what it was so I had to email and ask. OOOOoooh, I am so glad I did. I knew that it smells lovely. I was thinking a drawer sachet, but no. Even better, it is a bar of soap that is felted. You use it like a loofah. When the soap is gone, you can cut a hole and put more soap in OR use the felted wool as an embellishment for some other project. I am thinking that Linda should sell these.



Also of note today, my friend, Kaye at NanaB follows NanaT is a doing a giveaway as part of the Eggstra SpecialGive-a-Way you should go and comment to enter. Kaye is a wonderfully sweet lady and I am sure the prizes will be a delight. Good luck to you. I hear she is making some of the prizes. Handcrafted goodies are the BEST.

6 comments:

Pat said...

OOOOOO...nice goodies in that package from Linda. I've seen photos on her blog of those alpacas and they seem really sweet. She has a LOT of them and she gave every single one of them a name...and she knows them all VERY well, too!!! Congrats on getting this nice giveaway package.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I do sell those felted soaps, Gene! I even taught my husband how to make them. Well, he does the needle felting part and I finish it. After this show I'm doing, I'm going to re-open my Etsy store.
Glad you are happy with the goods.
Oh, and you can call me Buddy anytime.

Barb said...

so you are the lucky one that won that...hummmmm Well..I am jealous but glad for you. Some really awesome goodies and you are right, she should sell those bars of soap.

Barb said...

so you are the lucky one that won that...hummmmm Well..I am jealous but glad for you. Some really awesome goodies and you are right, she should sell those bars of soap.

Kaye said...

way to go Gene, you are a lucky man. I so admire Linda and all her hard work with her Alpacas and all she does. She is a lovely and inspiring person

Beeshebags said...

Good luck with winning the new machine Gene (oooh I'm a poet and didn't know it!) when will you find out when you get your prize? Great stash you received in the mail...what's the felted soap like to use? I don't know if I could cope with the feel of it as I hate wet sweaters! Hugs Naomi from Adelaide, Sth Australia