Saturday, March 14, 2009

Quilt As You Go

I am trying a new (to me) method. I have had the book "Crazy Shortcut Quilts" Marguerita Mcmanus & Sarah Raffuse for some time. I have looked at it, and looked at it some more. Ha. So when I decided to try the method, I was sure I knew how it is done. (always follow along STEP BY STEP) I didn't. I think it would have worked better following the directions.

None the less, I made the squares from FQs and then just trimmed them to size. I know that I have some puckering in some of the quilted squares. You should tell me that those make it look "old fashioned, and home-made" like a Gee's Bend type thing. I am going to keep going and use them anyway to finish this project quilt. I consider it a learning experience. Heck, I am not entering it in any show! Someone will love it, I think. Even if it is just me.


Here are the squares I have finished right now. They trimmed out to 18 by 16 inches.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I think your blocks look nice...and love the color choices. They say SPRING to me, so you better finish this up very fast (unless it's for NEXT spring???)

Rhonda said...

Great job. Those look old fashion like on my grandma's bed. Hey we are all learning as we go. Take care.