Sunday, March 01, 2009

What is that White stuff ?

The birds are feeding heavily. There is even a waiting list to get on the feeder.


You can hardly see the trees in the distance and there is big white thingys falling out of the sky.
(Hey, I am in Alabama, we don't see that stuff enough to remember the name!)



See that stuff on the rails, Wait I think I remember that it is called SNOW!





one more feeder picture.



When I got up this morning there was a very light dusting on the deck. By the time the coffee brewed it was starting to look white..but you could see the cracks between the planks.
Before I finished the first cuppa, you could no longer make out the distinct lines of the cracks, the south end was a solid white blanket.
It is still coming down two hours later. I am wondering if we will be Snow Bound


2 comments:

Pat said...

I think a lot of us are going to have some white stuff this weekend. The problem around here is that it happens so infrequently that they don't have manpower and equipment and supplies enough to deal with it...so things grind to a total halt...QUICKLY...and take a long while to get back to any sense of normalcy. I'm suspecting the same might be true in your neck of the woods. (I like the cardinal waiting his turn for the feeding station.)

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Snow in Alabama? How unique! It must be a fun change, though. I hope you got to make at least one snowball.