Saturday, November 01, 2008

Fun with Curved piecing

After watching Ricky Tims "Caveman Quilting" I am playing with cutting curves and piecing. It makes some interesting stuff. I used fabric that was gifted to me so I don't feel like I am wasting anything. HA. I think it is going to be very useful.

Re-Imagined Quilt Squares

I took two squares that I didn't really love, stacked them and cut a curved line. Then I mixed them up and pieced them back together. MUCH nicer! The burgundy/ cream square was a backwards swastika - UGH. That was a mistake. I didn't realize it until I had sewn it all together. So chopping it saved the fabric AND made a nice piece.

2 comments:

Wellville said...

This is really interesting. I love it that you used fabric pieces that were gifted to you.

Roseanne said...

Well you have been busy with your sewing.Your curves and piecing look relay good.