Monday, November 03, 2008

Tangled Thoughts


Tangled Thoughts
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
Okay, I couldn't resist, I had to blog this painting that I mentioned in the last entry. I intended this to have lots of yellow and be very cheerful and fun. Hmmmm, the muse, or the painting had other ideas. This has been on my easel for weeks in various stages. There are lots of layers of paint but I think I finally brought it to a conclusion.

It certainly has an energy that is draws the viewer in. There are textures you may not be able to see here. Let me know what you think of it. (I reserve the right to delete comments -grin)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow what a lot of movement! I'm glad you're sewing but it's also nice to see some painting still going on.

Lindi said...

I liked the look of your painting so I clicked on it to get a larger image.
It's great! Lots of energy and movement. Makes me think of highways and byways, and people buzzing along them, and rivers and country and life generally.
That may not be what it is to you, but art takes on its own life in each individuals eyes, and that's what it is to me.
Yep, i really like it.
(I came here from Christine's giveaway - saw you in the comments)